1. Matchmakers get a ton of information about each person so they can effectively match people based on a wide variety of dimensions, increasing your chance of a compatible match.
2. Matchmakers work with clients who are typically successful professionals, so you know you're meeting a driven, self-sufficient individual.
3. Your profile remains private, visible only to the professionals.
4. Matchmakers can work well with people who are open to areas outside of their own city.
Dating sites don't have an important personal touch where someone gets a human understanding of both people. The apps also want to provide you with as many matches as possible to satiate the never-ending appetite of most users. With matchmaking, it's about disrupting that mentality by focusing on lower quantity and higher quality.
The free route allows you to match with people who pay for matchmaking or pay for a connection to you only. The Premium route allows us to proactively focus on your search, and match to anyone - they don't need to pay ever.
The timeframe is completely open. We don’t guarantee a specific time in which you will be contacted. It is completely determined by the need of each specific matchmaker and their current clients.
We have simple expectations of you:
- Treat matchmakers and their clients with respect at all times.
- Upload accurate information and photos of yourself.
- Follow through with integrity. If you say you will meet a matchmaker’s client, don’t change your mind unless there is a very good reason.
- If you go out with a client and a matchmaker requested feedback, provide that feedback as an important part of the iterative matchmaking process. They can shed light on whether a second date makes sense. If it turns out to be a great connection, they will better understand why. If it’s not a lasting connection, the info can be used to better match both the client and you in the future.
- Please keep all information about members, clients and matchmakers confidential. This is a special platform where everyone’s privacy is respected.
Generally, no. Physical attraction is an important part of a relationship and we believe there needs to be some baseline for a relationship to get off the ground.
We send Recommended Dates to our Premium and free route members that include a ton of info about the potential match as well as multiple photos. We try to ensure that people look like their photos through a video call or verification photo.
That said, many matchmaking companies do blind dates and they can work, especially in certain cases. When we reach out about a particular match opportunity, we like to disclose whether it would be a blind date or not. You're always able to say yes or no.
It’s tricky for us to calculate success rate because we partner with so many different sites and apps. Plus, success comes in different forms, from becoming a better dater to understanding yourself more through date feedback to entering a relationship to getting married.
We can say that our founder has successfully matched up dozens of couples who have gotten married or stayed together after one year. She's even officiated a wedding for one of them.
We hope you'll be our next success story and invite our founder to the wedding!
While we're based in the U.S. and the vast majority of our members are there, our members are global. Inclusion is one of our core values. We allow everyone to be a potential match for clients, and we think there is a “lid for every pot.” We also strive to provide options for each person specific to their preferences and situation.
It's rare that a matchmaking client is polyamorous or open, as most are looking for monogamy, but it does occasionally happen. If you're part of the poly community, feel free to join the database so that when a person who is more open in relationships does become a client, you're eligible to meet them. People who are polyamorous are generally extremely open, honest and sincere, all of which we appreciate. They are just as deserving and capable of love as anyone else. And if you’re successfully matched, you can give us multiple testimonials!
Yes, definitely! We’re inclusive of everyone. Our partnerships with LGBTQ+ focused matchmaking companies allows us to match gay, lesbian, bisexual and other individuals well. If we don't have appropriate matches for you, you still don't pay anything and we can refer you to a more specialized company that we recommend.
We fully respect your privacy. You can cancel your membership at any point and we will not pass along your information to anyone else. To cancel, log into your account > Account Settings. Alternatively, you can send the request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know that if you cancel, we won’t be contacting the companies that have already paid to connect with you and thus gained access to your email and account info. Refer to the terms and conditions for details.
We hope that eventually you will cancel just because you're successfully matched up!